More looked after children are staying in school for longer, and achieving higher qualifications than last year. However, there are still large gaps compared with all pupils.
- 31.7% looked after school leavers left in S4 or earlier
- down from 37.3% in 2020/21
- compared with 12.4% of all leavers in 2021/22.
- 78.3% looked after school leavers with 1 or more qualification at SCQF level 4 or better
- up from 70.9% in 2020/21
- compared with 96.4% of all leavers in 2021/22.
- 84.8% looked after leavers were in a positive initial destination
- down from 86.0% in 2020/21
- compared with 95.7% of all leavers.
- 70.4% looked after leavers were in a positive follow-up destination
- down from 71.0% in 2020/21
- compared with 93.5% of all leavers.
Achievement of Curriculum for Excellence Levels (ACEL)
- a lower proportion of looked after pupils achieve Curriculum for Excellence (CfE) level relevant to their stage compared with all pupils
- the largest gaps between looked after pupils and all pupils are: 29.9 percentage points in reading (P4); 32.0 percentage points in writing (P4); 27.2 percentage points in listening and talking (S3); 32.5 percentage points in numeracy (P4).
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback