This section gives information on children and young people statistics, including data on looked after children, children on the child protection register and young people in secure accommodation.
An overview of the statistics the Scottish Government gathers on children's social work.
- Corrections to children and young people statistics
Children's social work statistics
- Children's social work statistics: 2019 to 2020
- Children's social work statistics: 2018-2019 - republication
- Children's social work statistics 2017-2018
- Children's social work statistics 2016-2017
- Children's social work statistics Scotland 2015-2016
- Children's Social Work Statistics Scotland 2014/15
- Children's Social Work Statistics Scotland, 2013-14
- Children's Social Work Statistics Scotland, 2012-13
- Children's Social Work Statistics, 2011-12
Looked After Children and Child Protection local authority benchmarking analysis
- Looked after children statistics 2020: local authority benchmarking tool
- Child protection statistics 2020: local authority benchmarking tool
Education Outcomes of Looked After Children
- Education Outcomes for Looked After Children – 2019/20
- Looked after children: education outcomes 2018-2019
- Education outcomes for looked after children 2017-2018
- Education outcomes for looked after children: 2016 to 2017
- Looked after children: education outcomes 2015-2016
- Education outcomes for looked after children: 2014-2015
- Education outcomes for Scotland's looked after children, 2011/12
- Educational Outcomes for Scotland's Looked After Children 2010/11
High-level strategic documents
Data access, data collection specifications and privacy notices
Background data and further analysis of the statistics published here may be available on request, subject to consideration of legal, ethical and other factors. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To find out about access to record level or disclosive aggregate data see the information below on children's social work statistics data access.
If you have any enquiries relating to Children and Families Statistics then please contact us at:
0131 244 5627
Children and Families Analysis
Directorate for Education Analytical Services
Area 2A North
We welcome any comments on both the format and content of the website, including any problems you may encounter.
To register your interest in our statistics, please register and subscribe at: http://register.scotstat.org/Subscribe/Step1
You may also contact the Statistician Group for general statistical enquiries: email@example.com