Staff and pupil data: detailed privacy notice
Detailed privacy notice on data relating to pupils and staff produced by Education Analytical Services.
The Scottish Government’s Education Analytical Services, which is part of the Scottish Government’s Learning Directorate, has legal powers to request data with regards children and young people educated in, and the workforce of, Scotland’s schools that schools, local authorities, awarding bodies (such as the Scottish Qualifications Authority) and other public bodies (such as Skills Development Scotland) hold for their own purposes.
For more information on the legislation which allows this to occur, see:
- Education Act 1973
- The Education (Scotland) Act 1980
- The Jordanhill School Grant Regulations 1988
- The Special Schools (Scotland) Grant Regulations 1990
- Education (Scotland) Act 1996
- Standards in Scotland's Schools etc. Act 2000
- Local Government in Scotland Act 2003
- Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback