A Culture Strategy for Scotland consultation: easy read version
Easy read version of the consultation document on the development of a Culture Strategy for Scotland.
Section 1. About this Draft Culture Strategy
This draft plan has been put together from comments from artists, creative people and people who take part in culture.
The Scottish Government asked people about culture at events in 2017.
The events took place all over Scotland.
This happened because the Government promised to develop a Culture Plan for Scotland.
At the events people talked about what matters most to people about culture, what is working well, what needs to change and what needs to be done to support culture in Scotland.
Some of the things people talked about were:
- Artists, creativity, new ideas
- Promoting culture
- Understanding culture can help with education, and health and
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
- Recognising how important young people are to culture
- Making connections with other countries
- Finding more money for culture
- Giving communities a say in how culture happens locally
- Talking about the impact and benefits of culture
- Joining up across Government.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback