This guidance is to assist local authorities in delivering new Pandemic Support Payments announced as part of the 2021-22 Scottish Budget on 9 March 2021. These payments comprise:
- Two £100 Family Pandemic Payments (FPP), paid for each child of school age in receipt of Free School Meals on the basis of low income eligibility criteria. To be made in summer and winter respectively.
- A £130 Low Income Pandemic Payment (LIPP), to be paid to households by the end of October 2021 who are either: in receipt of Council Tax Reduction (CTR) or are within agreed groups exempt from Council Tax or who have no liability.
Resource to facilitate delivery of these payments will be paid via a redetermination of General Revenue Grant in the last two weeks of March 2022 based on actual costs incurred for payments made and a fixed contribution to administration costs. Notional allocations have been confirmed to local authorities through correspondence.
This guidance is intended to support delivery of the above payments, and provides:
- background on the Pandemic Support Payments;
- guidance for the Family Pandemic Payments;
- guidance for the Low Income Pandemic Payment;
- reporting templates for completion and return to the Scottish Government.