Chapter 6 Transitions
1. Chapter 6 considers the requirements on education authorities and others under the Act in relation to transitions. Q7 asked, "Is the information provided in Chapter 6 appropriate? If you selected no, please provide details of additional information which should be included or removed and a brief reason for it."
|Did not answer||7||16.67%|
2. Comments received on Chapter 6 were mainly positive, such as, "Again detailed information for key transition points - again an effective descriptors for all." and "We welcome the focus on transitions and the strengthening in this chapter on planning, communication with parents and young people and supporting independence."
3. As a result of consultation comments, the following has been added to Chapter 6:
- Reference to the Scottish Transitions Forum publication, Principles of Good Transitions 3 to support improved practice in planning transitions.
- Information on Developing the Young Workforce policy has been updated and signposts to relevant guidance materials have been included.
- Particular attention has been drawn to the fact that for some looked after children and young people transition may be a particular time of difficulty, reflecting consultation comments on this issue.
4. In addition to the above, the section on looked after children and young people, within this chapter has also been updated.