9. Assessment of Impacts
9.1 In addition to Strategic Environmental Assessment we have undertaken a number of other assessments of our draft proposals (or screened proposals to see whether an assessment is required). Our initial and draft assessments are set out in annexes B-F and we would welcome feedback on these as part of the consultation. The draft assessments and screening assessments undertaken include:
- A Business and Regulatory Impact Assessment (BRIA) that considers the costs and benefits, particularly with regard to business, of the proposed changes. We will engage with businesses likely to be affected by the proposals during the consultation period to confirm/supplement our conclusions (see Annex B);
- An Equality Impact Assessment (EqIA) that considers the impact of the draft proposals on various equalities groups defined by protected characteristics such as age, sex, religious or other belief, race or sexual orientation (see Annex C);
- A Children's Rights and Wellbeing Impact Assessment (CRWIA) that considers the impact of the changes on children. Our initial conclusion following a screening of proposals is that a full assessment is not required (see Annex D);
- A Fairer Scotland Duty Assessment that considers how we can reduce inequalities of outcome caused by socio-economic disadvantage, when making strategic decisions. Our initial conclusion following a screening of proposals is that a full assessment is not required (see Annex E); and
- An Island Communities Impact Assessment (ICIA) that considers the impact of proposed changes on Scotland's islands. Our initial conclusion following a screening of proposals is that a full assessment is not required (see Annex F).
9.2 A Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) was not considered relevant to these proposals because none pose any risk to privacy or data protection.
9.3 We invite views on these draft and partial impact assessments as part of this consultation. In particular:
Q.72 Do you have any comments on the partial and draft impact assessments undertaken on these draft Phase 1 proposals?
Q.73 Do you have any suggestions for additional sources of information on the potential impacts of the proposals that could help inform our final assessments?