A Whole System Approach
11. In line with (GIRFEC approach, it is vital that community mental health and wellbeing supports and services are integrated with and contribute to a whole- system approach. This should include use of the wellbeing indicators (SHANARRI) and the national practice model to identify, describe and evaluate needs, as a co- ordinated approach to children's planning that brings professionals across different disciplines together to deliver the right support at the right time.
12. The development and delivery of these supports and services should align with the whole-system approach to improving the mental and emotional health of children and young people set out in the 2020-23 children's services plans and other policy objectives
13. This opportunity to develop enhanced or new community mental health and wellbeing supports and services should sit alongside and complement the other local support and services provided by education, universal children's services, social work, health and care services, including primary care and other services that CYP might be involved with including employability, alcohol and drug support and youth work. Community support and CAMHS services should work together. Close relationships may also be required at times with community police and with developing new perinatal services. There should be appropriate links to out of hours and crisis services.
14. There should be clear accessible points of initial contact and access through any appropriate source to ensure that a child or young person is provided with the right help. Community supports and services should provide specific access for families, carers and siblings, to help build resilience and support them to support the child or young person. There should be no wrong way to access support.
15. These supports and services should recognise and respond to the factors, which contribute to poor mental health, distress and mental illness, such as poverty, homelessness, substance use etc. and have clear links to services, which can support with those.
16. Everyone involved in supporting mental health and wellbeing should be clear about the role of community supports and services.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback