Table 8: Family-related summary application cases initiated and disposed of 1,2, by case type and final disposal, 2014-15
|Granted||Dismissed||Refused||Dropped from roll||Withdrawn||Other|
|Extend/vary interim order4||2,704||1,943||1,647||38||10||141||19||88|
|Children's hearings - appeal4||1,167||1,012||413||153||272||67||55||52|
|Children's hearings - referral4||3,276||2,585||1,979||82||11||56||63||394|
|Children's Hearings Act 2011 - Other5||868||488||416||12||48||5||4||3|
|Permanence orders with authority to adopt||346||268||251||1||5||0||2||9|
1. Figures for initiations and disposals do not necessarily refer to the same cases.
2. The number of summary application cases disposed of is likely an underestimate. For more information see the Civil Justice Statistics in Scotland 2014-15 bulletin.
3. Adoption petitions include both family adoptions and adoptions from care. Statistics on adoptions from care are available from Children's Social Work Statistics additional tables
4. These case types represent equivalent actions from the Children (Scotland) Act 1995 and the Children's Hearings (Scotland) Act 2011. The statistics reported here differs from those reported by the Scottish Children's Reporter Administration due to differences in definition and timing.
5. 'Other' includes Child Protection Order, Child Assessment Order as well as a range of miscellaneous cases.
Email: Eddie Chan