BICS weighted Scotland estimates: data to wave 77
Business Insights and Conditions Survey (BICS) weighted Scotland estimates containing data to wave 77.
This document is part of a collection
In Wave 77, 17.3% of applicable businesses reported that they had been affected by industrial action in January 2023.
In Wave 77, business were also asked how they had been affected by industrial action in January 2023- the specific question asked is shown below.
Industrial Action question: How was your business affected by industrial action in January 2023?
- business was unable to obtain necessary goods
- business was unable to obtain necessary services
- business was unable to operate fully
- part or all of the workforce were directly involved in industrial action
- workforce had to change their working location
- workforce were unable to perform their roles
- not sure
An estimated 20.9% of businesses reported that the workforce were unable to perform their roles, and 20.8% of businesses reported that the workforce had to change their working location due to industrial action in January 2023.
For enquiries about this publication please contact:
Business & Innovation Statistics
Office of the Chief Economic Adviser
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
For general enquiries about Scottish Government statistics please contact:
Office of the Chief Statistician
Telephone: 0131 244 0442
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback