Summary Statistics for Attainment, Leaver Destinations and Healthy Living
Corrected 9 September 2019
This annual statistical publication provides information on:
- Post review attainment for 2016/17 school leavers
- Initial and follow-up destinations for 2016/17 school leavers
- The Healthy Living Survey undertaken in February 2018.
Follow-up destinations of school leavers, 2016/17
- 61.2 per cent of leavers left with one or more passes at SCQF Level 6 or better - down slightly from 61.7 per cent for 2015/16.
- The percentage of pupils who took a school meal (free or paid for) decreased to 55.6 per cent (56.9 per cent in 2017).
- 99 per cent of schools were meeting the target level of PE provision (98 per cent in 2017).
Supplementary data tables can be found at: http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/School-Education/Pub-SS-ALM
School leaver attainment and destinations: 2016/17 school leaver cohort
School leaver destinations for the 2016/17 leaver cohort were:
- 38.3% Higher Education
- 23.0% Further Education
- 28.3% Employment
- 3.2% Other Positive Destinations
- 7.1% Other Destinations
Percentage of school leavers by attainment at SCQF Level 4 to 6, 2009/10 to 2016/17
pp = percentage point
Healthy Living Survey 2018