3 Overview of Consultation Questions
3.1 The Consultation Document contained 48 questions and was set out in six sections:
- Section 1 - The Sustainable Development Of Aquaculture (Questions 1 - 18)
- Section 2 - Protection Of Shellfish Areas (Question 19)
- Section 3 - Fish Farming And Wild Salmonid Interactions (Questions 20 - 22)
- Section 4 - Salmon And Freshwater Fisheries Management (Questions 23 - 36)
- Section 5 - Modernising Enforcement Provisions (Question 37 - 45)
- Section 6 - Paying For Progress (Questions 46 - 48)
3.2 Of the 48 questions, 38 were closed questions (i.e. 'yes' or 'no' questions) and ten were questions where consultees were asked for their views or suggestions on a range of issues. Consultees were also invited to provide comments on any issues which they considered were not covered by the Consultation Document, and/or should be considered for inclusion in the legislation.
3.3 The responses to the consultation questions and additional comments made in the consultation are summarised in Sections 4 - 10. For each closed question, the summary is accompanied by a breakdown of the number of responses by respondent sector.