3. The Anholt-GfK Roper Nation Brands Index and the Nation Brands Hexagon are trademarks and copyrights of Simon Anholt and GfK Roper.
4. * Indicates countries that were included in the 2016 but not in the 2014 survey. Countries included in 2014 but not 2016 include Puerto Rico, Norway, Ukraine and Jamaica.
5. Using online population parameters, the achieved sample in each country was weighted to reflect key demographic characteristics such as age, gender and education. Additionally, in the United States, the United Kingdom, South Africa, India and Brazil, race/ethnicity was used for sample balancing ( i.e. adjust the data to account for sample bias).
6. The GfK introduced two exceptions to this rule. In Egypt, where panellists are not as familiar and experienced with online surveys, survey length was reduced, resulting in each country receiving approximately 250 ratings. Chinese panellists were asked to rate all countries except their own.
7. Figures have been rounded off to one decimal place.
8. Some of the UK sample asked about Scotland were either living in Scotland and/or were from Scotland.
9. EU countries include: France, Germany, Italy, Poland and Sweden. Non- EU countries include Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Egypt, India, Japan, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey and United States.
10. Scotland was not a panel country in 2008 and 2009 and did not subscribe in 2011, 2013, 2015.
Email: Angela Hallam