Stage 1: Framing
Summary of findings
35. This legislative change will allow an amendment to the annual Charging for Residential Accommodation Guidance (CRAG) updates that will take effect from April 2022, exempting it from social care support means tested financial assessments for those wishing to or residing in residential care. This aligns the CRAG with other parts of the UK, and with similar schemes to provide financial payments to child migrants.
36. Based on the information available it would appear that this amendment will have a positive impact on equality considerations for a small number of people.
Extent/Level of EQIA required
37. As the Child Migrant Trust financial payment scheme has been based on the work of the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse, this document has based its analysis on the data from:
- Scottish Child Abuse Inquiry – Child Abuse and Scottish Children sent Overseas through Child Migration Schemes
- Child Migration Programmes Investigation Report
38. Below is the evidence gathered and assessed in relation to the Protected Characteristics of the Equality Act 2010. Given the small numbers of people potentially impacted in Scotland, and the universal access to the application process, no other impact assessments are planned.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback