Vision, Ambition, Aims and Principles
- Adult learning in Scotland will develop better-skilled, educated, confident and empowered people contributing to connected and inclusive communities.
- New and increased positive pathways will be created in collaboration with community-based adult learners.
- Improve life chances for adult learners across Scotland.
- Create the conditions for connected adult learning opportunities that link Scotland's communities, local authorities, third sector organisations, colleges and universities around an offer of learning for adults, particularly those furthest from inclusion and experiencing disadvantage.
- Ensure that there are accessible opportunities for adults to learn throughout their lives.
The strategy is based on three core principles.
- Learning is lifelong, beginning in the Early Years and covering the whole age span of post-compulsory education.
- Adult learning is life-wide. It covers all aspects of life – personal, work, family and community.
- Adult learning is learner-centred. The educational process builds around the interests and motives of the learner.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback