1. SCQF 4 is equivalent to Intermediate 1; General Standard Grade; SVQ 1; National Progression Awards and National Certificates.
2. For reference see: http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Publications/2011/10/19141255/0
3. "Otherwise Disengaged" includes young people who were reported as being in custody or economically inactive - along with being Unemployed, this was previously described as being in a 'Negative Destination'
4. "other activities" are reported by co-ordinators where the young person has progressed into an activity that doesn't fit into the pre-determined 'positive/negative' categories. We have no further information at present on these activities, but plan to follow up with co-ordinators where they occur frequently. These are not assumed to be a measure of disengagement (unemployment, inactivity, custody) and are reflected separately in the analysis.
5. Personal Characteristics - age, gender, Additional Support Needs (ASNs), qualifications, duration of Activity Agreement
6. MCMC Risk Factor variables - Looked After; Care Leaver; Young Carer; History of Offending; Drugs & Alcohol problems.
7. Cell sizes for 19 year olds are very small and preclude making any robust conclusions
Email: David Jack