Annex 1: Data Limitations and Quality Assurance
- Coverage - We have received data from all 32 Scottish LAs.
- Reporting Period - Data for 2012-13 submitted after 31 May 2013 or where the reporting period is unclear has been excluded from this analysis.
- Valid sample - to be included in the final 'valid sample' individuals must have signed up and then either completed or dropped out of their Activity Agreement between 1 April 2012 and 31 March 2013. Individuals who were referred but didn't sign up or who are currently undertaking an Activity Agreement have been excluded.
- Quality Assurance - These data are not 100% clean. We have excluded invalid data, missing cases and duplicates, but the data were submitted manually by external delivery partners and are therefore subject to errors which cannot be identified.
- Duplicate Cases - where duplicate cases were identified through the quality assurance process, these have been excluded from the analysis.
- Missing Data - there is a very small number of data missing on destinations (10 of the 2,266 records - 0.4%). Destinations data are presented here as a percentage of the total sample, with the blank records included with the records where destinations were recorded as "unknown".
|Construction of Valid Sample for analyses - full dataset 2012-13|
|Cases (n)||Cases (n)|
|Total cases (returns made)||2,589|
|Excluded - not offered/not signed up/still on programme.||250||2,339|
|Excluded - duplicate records||73||2,266|
|Final Valid Sample||2,266|
Email: David Jack