3. See http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0048/00484186.pdf (accessed August 2015).
4. National Indicators: http://www.gov.scot/About/Performance/scotPerforms/indicator (accessed Januray 2016).
8. http://www.snh.gov.uk/docs/A1471713.pdf (see 'definitions' in page 9 of the report).
9. Under the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003 and the Scottish Outdoor Access Code, access rights extend to a person with a disability who is using a motorised vehicle or vessel built or adapted by that person. Two of the participants in our study used motorised mobility scooters to engage in outdoor recreation; these individuals, as well as their thoughts and opinions, were included as it was clear that their motorised activity was allowing them to access the outdoors for recreational purposes.
10. http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/About/Methodology/UrbanRuralClassification (accessed 15th September 2015).
11. Image downloaded from http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0039/00399139.zip (accessed 19th January 2016).
13. http://www.sns.gov.uk/Downloads/AdHocChoose.aspx. (Link was correct at time of writing, however SNS has now migrated to Statistics.Gov.Scot website - http://statistics.gov.scot/)
14. Reported within the Census: see Scottish Government (2014), page 106.
15. See Equality Act 2010: Schedule 1, Part 1(6) and information at http://www.healthscotland.com/equalities/disability/index.aspx (accessed 15th September 2015).
16. Source: ISD Scotland.
17. https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/eligibility (accessed 18th September 2015).
18. https://www.gov.uk/attendance-allowance/eligibility (accessed 18th September 2015).
19. http://www.gov.scot/Publications/2015/03/5411/4 (accessed 8th March 2016).
20. See page 32 of "Rural Scotland in Focus 2012", available from the link: http://www.sruc.ac.uk/downloads/file/470/rural_scotland_in_focus_2012_web_version (accessed 8th March 2016).
Email: Graeme Beale, email@example.com