About Labour Market Statistics
This page contains guidance on accessing statistics relating to the labour market in Scotland
The Scottish Government holds Office for National Statistics data sets including: the labour force survey (LFS), annual population survey (APS) and the annual survey of hours and earnings (ASHE) dataset.
The Scottish Government produces a range of outputs from these and other available statistical sources. Outputs include:
- A Scottish summary of headline estimates for employment, unemployment and inactivity and youth unemployment in Scotland
- Monthly labour market brief
- Labour market topical reports
- Annual Survey of hours and earnings analysis
- Quarterly public sector employment statistics
- Annual Trends from the annual population survey for Scotland
- Other publication such as Labour market by nationality in Scotland and ethnicity pay gap estimates.
- A range of information is also published on https://statistics.gov.scot/home
If you have any enquiries relating to Labour Market Statistics then please contact us at:
Telephone: 0131 244 6773
Fax: 0300 244 1060
Labour Market Statistics
OCEAES: Economic Strategy and Policy
5 Atlantic Quay
We welcome any comments on both the format and content of the website, including any problems you may encounter.
You may also contact the Statistician Group Enquiries for general information.