International offices: Beijing
Our office in Beijing was established in November 2005 and is based at the British Embassy. We published a refreshed in June 2018.
The office provides a permanent presence in Beijing where we are:
- supporting more companies to do business successfully with China
- increasing Scottish exports to China
- increasing cooperation on global environmental and sustainability issues
- encouraging greater flows of talent and knowledge between our countries
- spreading awareness of Chinese culture in Scotland and Scottish culture in China
- improving awareness of our strong educational reputation and encouraging more students to study at our institutions
We aim to work collaboratively and constructively with China - promoting our values through sharing practical learning and experiences - to encourage an open, honest dialogue. This work helps us to collectively address global challenges, contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and support UN human rights treaties.
Head of Beijing office: Catriona Radcliffe
Telephone (Reception): +86 (0) 10 5192 4000
Scottish Government Beijing Office
11 Guanghua Rd