Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel
Central to the operation of the new Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel and Partnership Forum is the forging of partnerships between public sector, private sector, agencies and third sector delivery bodies to understand the issues facing those in fuel poverty in Scotland, and advising Ministers on issues and potential policy changes required.
The Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel will advise Scottish Ministers on fuel poverty issues in Scotland, providing constructive feedback on progress in meeting targets.
In particular, it will:
- provide independent advice to Ministers on fuel poverty matters, with the ability to research and draft independent reports to be submitted for consideration on this basis;
- monitor and report on progress of the development and implementation of the Scottish Government's Fuel Poverty Strategy, including a new fuel poverty target;
- support and challenge Government at all levels on delivery of its fuel poverty and energy efficiency programmes and efforts to tackle fuel poverty;
- encourage and foster a partnership approach to tackling fuel poverty across the public, private and third sectors;
- monitor and report on the delivery of the Rural Fuel Poverty Task Force and the Fuel Poverty Strategic Working Group's recommendations and report on progress;
- produce an annual statement to Scottish Ministers on progress and outcomes; and
- undertake specific in-depth work through short-life working groups to explore relevant issues and make recommendations on how they should be addressed.
Independently chaired by Ann Loughrey, the advisory panel includes representatives from nine organisations:
- Citizens Advice Scotland
- Scottish Federation of Housing Associations
- Energy UK
- NHS Health Scotland
- The Poverty Alliance
- Scottish Association of Landlords
- Tighean Innse Gall
- Energy Action Scotland
Membership of the advisory panel will be reviewed every two years to ensure appropriate representation of interests is maintained.
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel Partnership Forum: terms of reference
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel: work plan
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel minutes: April 2018
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel minutes: February 2018
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel minutes: June 2018
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel minutes: September 2018
- Scottish Fuel Poverty Advisory Panel Minutes: December 2018