The National Gender Identity Healthcare Reference was established to progress improvement in the provision of gender identity healthcare and to oversee the implementation of the commitments set out within the NHS Gender Identity Services Strategic Action Framework.
The reference group membership includes people with lived and living experience of using NHS gender identity services, clinicians, academics and representatives from NHS health boards as well as LGBTI support organisations.
Membership will be reviewed on establishment of the group and after one year.
The group is expected to run from March 2022 and will not continue beyond the end of 2024.
Membership at individual meetings may vary, subject to attendee’s availability/attendance of a deputy in their place.
- Professor Nicola Steedman, (Co-chair), Deputy Chief Medical Officer, Scottish Government
- Dr Ewan Bell, (Co-chair), Associate Medical Director, NHS Dumfries and Galloway
- Dr Fiona Wardell, Standards and Indicators Team Lead, Healthcare Improvement Scotland,
- Representative, * LGBT Health and Wellbeing
- Representative, * LGBT Youth Scotland
- Dr Christine Mimnagh, CMAGIC Clinical Lead, Mersey Care NHS Foundation Trust
- David Parker Clinical Lead, National Gender Identity Clinical Network for Scotland, NHS National Services Scotland
- Kathryn Kinnear, Service Manager, Elmwood Gender Identity Clinic, NHS Grampian
- Dr Amber Keenan, Clinical Lead, Elmwood Gender Identity Clinic, NHS Grampian
- Jenny McNicol, Acute Director of Nursing and Midwifery, Elmwood Gender Identity Clinic, NHS Grampian
- Rhoda Macleod, Head of Sexual Health, Prison and Police services, Sandyford Gender Identity Clinic, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Dr Louise Melvin, Clinical Lead, Sandyford Gender Identity Clinic NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Dr Sarah Weldon, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Sandyford Identity Clinic, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
- Kimberley MacInnes, Service Manager, Raigmore Gender Identity Clinic, NHS Highland
- Jane Harris, Head of Programme, Postgraduate and Post-registration Education and Continuing Professional Development, NHS Education for Scotland
- Dr Anna Lamont, Medical Director, National Procurement Commissioning and Facilities, NHS National Services Scotland
- Colin Briggs, Director of Strategic Planning, NHS Lothian
- Adam Black, Nurse Consultant/ Clinical Nurse Manager Sexual & Reproductive Health, Chalmers Gender Identity Clinic, NHS Lothian
- Representative, Public Health Scotland
- Kirstin Leath, Head of Health Equity and Equalities Unit, Scottish Government
- Dr Michelle Watts, Senior Medical Advisor, Scottish Government
- Representative, Scottish Trans Alliance
- Representative, * Stonewall Scotland
- Dr Ben Vincent, Research Coordinator, Trans Learning Partnership
- Representative, TransparentsTees
- Dr Richard Anderson, Deputy Director Centre for Reproductive Health, University of Edinburgh
- Dr Ruth Pearce, Lecturer, University of Glasgow
- Neil Ferguson, Head of Planning, NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
* Rotational membership.
Secretariat is provided by Gender Identity and Healthcare Access Team.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback