Migration and Population Expert Advisory Group
This independent Expert Advisory Group on Migration and Population was established in October 2018.
The purpose is to provide independent expert analysis and advice to Scottish Government ministers on migration and population.
The group comprises of academics from five Scottish universities:
- Professor Christina Boswell (chair) - University of Edinburgh
- Professor David Bell - University of Stirling
- Dr Andrew Copus - James Hutton Institute, Aberdeen
- Professor Rebecca Kay - University of Glasgow
- Professor Hill Kulu - University of St Andrews
- Internal migration in Scotland and the UK: trends and policy lessons
- UK immigration policy after leaving the EU: impacts on Scotland's economy, population and society - July 2020 update
- Immigration policy and demographic change in Scotland: learning from Australia, Canada and continental Europe
- UK immigration policy after leaving the EU: impacts on Scotland's economy, population and society