Data Delivery Group
Data Delivery Group (DDG) oversees the development, evolution and delivery of a high level delivery plan for our data vision for Scotland that reflects the work being taken forward by partners across the country.
In addition to the plan, DDG can commission task and finish groups to deliver specific projects that contribute towards the vision, with its members able to provide advice as representatives from their specific organisations or areas of expertise.
The group reports to the Central Government Digital Transformation Board overseeing the delivery of Scotland’s 2017 digital strategy.
The group follows the open government approach and encourages engagement in policy development via digital and other channels. Secretariat is provided by the Digital Directorate's Data, Statistics and Digital Identity Division.
DDG replaces Data Management Board which has now concluded.
- Prof Shannon Vallor, Baillie Gifford Chair in the Ethics of Data and Artificial Intelligence, Edinburgh Futures Institute, University of Edinburgh (Chair)
- Roger Halliday, Chief Statistician & Data Officer, Digital, Scottish Government
- Tim Ellis, Deputy Director, Strategy and Performance, Scottish Government
- Ken Macdonald, Head of ICO Regions
- Nayha Sethi, University of Edinburgh
- Ruchir Shah, Director of External Affairs, Scottish Wildlife Trust
- Paul Lowe, National Records of Scotland
- Rod Murray-Smith, University of Glasgow/Universities Scotland
- Gillian Docherty, CEO, The Data Lab (alternate Brian Hills, Head of Data)
- Graham Fairlie, Scottish Enterprise
- Stuart Fancey, Scottish Funding Council
- Geoff Huggins, NHS National Education Scotland
- Marion Bain, Public Health Reform Programme, Scottish Government (alternate Phillip Couser, NHS National Services Scotland)
- Lorna Ramsay, NHS National Services Scotland
- Iain McKay, Improvement Service
- Kevin Collins, Edinburgh City Region deal
- Janet Egdell, Accountable Officer and Operations Director, Registers of Scotland
- Mary McAllan, Director of Business, Scottish Government
- Matthew Rice, Open Rights Group
- Katy Guthrie, Scotland IS
- Gordon Watson, CEO, Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park
- Peter Tolland, Head of Directorate Programmes, Digital Directorate, Scottish Government
- Gareth Williams, Head of Policy, Scottish Council for Development and Industry
- David Alexander, Chief Executive, Mydex CIC
- Data Delivery Group: terms of reference
- Data Delivery Group meeting: July 2021
- Data Delivery Group meeting: October 2020
- Data Delivery Group meeting: July 2020
- Data Delivery Group meeting: April 2020
- Data Delivery Group meeting: January 2020
- Data Delivery Group meeting: October 2019
- Data Delivery Group meeting: June 2019
- Data Delivery Group meeting: March 2019
- Data Delivery Group meeting: February 2019