Co-ordinated Support Plans Short-Life Working Group
We want all children and young people with additional support needs to get the support they need to reach their full learning potential.
Education authorities have duties under the Education (Additional Support for Learning) Act 2004 (as amended) to identify, provide for and review the additional support needs of their pupils. They use a range of planning mechanisms to support the needs of children and young people in school, including individualised support plans, child’s plans and co-ordinated support plans (CSPs).
A child or young person may require a CSP where they have additional support needs arising from complex or multiple factors which are likely to continue for more than a year. These needs then require significant support from an education authority and at least one other agency (such as social work or health).
Parents and carers can access information and advice on the different types of planning mechanisms from Enquire, the national advice and information service for additional support for learning.
As set out in the Additional support for learning action plan, a short-life working group has been established to consider implementation of CSPs. The group will identify key issues and barriers to the effective implementation of the legislation related to CSPs and work collaboratively to address and overcome them.
The group will report their conclusions to the Additional Support for Learning Implementation Group by October 2021.
- Scottish Government, Supporting Learners’ Team
- Scottish Government, GIRFEC Team
- Scottish Government, Health and Allied Health Professionals
- Education Scotland
- Health and Education Chamber of the First Tier Tribunal for Scotland
- My Rights, My Say
- National Parent Forum Scotland
- Skills Development Scotland
- Social Work Scotland
- Looked After Children rep
- National Autism Implementation Team (NAIT)
- Co-ordinated Support Plans Short-Life Working Group: terms of reference
- Co-ordinated Support Plans Short-Life Working Group meeting minutes: 4 May 2021
- Co-ordinated Support Plans Short-Life Working Group minutes: 11 March meeting
- Co-ordinated Support Plans Short-Life Working Group minutes: 2 February meeting