ADT Highlands and Islands Working Group
Role of the group
We established the Air Departure Tax (ADT) Highlands and Islands Working Group in May 2018 to bring together key stakeholders from organisations with expert knowledge of the Highlands and Islands economy.
The group will help to develop an understanding of the issues and the importance of the current exemption to Highlands and Islands business, and continue to explore solutions for delivering the best possible outcome for the Highlands and Islands.
The following organisations were invited to nominate a representative to attend meetings of the forum:
- Highlands and Islands Enterprise
- Hitrans, Zettrans
- Chambers of Commerce
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Scottish Council for Development and Industry
- University of the Highlands and Islands, Scotland's Rural University College
- Business Gateway
- Scottish Rural Action
- National Council of Rural Advisers
- Aviation: Loganair; Airlines UK to represent remaining airlines
- Airports: Highlands and Islands Airports Ltd; Edinburgh Airport
- Local Authorities incl. Highland, Moray, Argyll & Bute, Eilean Siar, Orkney, Shetland, Moray, Eilean Siar
Officials from the Scottish Government Tax Division and Transport Scotland are invited to attend each meeting, with other interested officials invited to be represented depending on each meeting's agenda.