Personal wealth is made up of financial wealth, property wealth, private pension savings (including occupational and personal pensions), and physical wealth (possessions such as cars, furniture and clothing).
All analysis uses data from the Office for National Statistics’ Wealth and Assets Survey, a household survey for Great Britain.
Related and other statistics can be found here:
- Poverty and income inequality statistics
- Child poverty statistics
- Other Scottish Government statistics
Analysis of data from the Wealth and Assets Survey with estimates of household wealth and wealth inequality in Scotland between 2006 to 2008 and 2016 to 2018.
Previous wealth analysis
- Financial vulnerability in Scotland 2019
- Infographic summary of the 2006-2014 report (in supporting files)
- Wealth and Assets in Scotland, 2006–2014
- Wealth and Assets in Scotland 2006 - 2012
- Wealth and assets in Scotland: 2006-2010