- Scottish welfare fund statistics
- Discretionary housing payment statistics
- Social security for Scotland slide pack
- Universal credit Scottish choices statistics
Social Security Scotland statistics are listed in our Social Security Scotland statistics collection.
Scottish government policies relating to these statistics may be found at our social security policy page.
Scottish Welfare Fund statistics
The Scottish Welfare Fund (SWF) comprises of Community Care Grants – which help people to live independently – and Crisis Grants, which provide a safety net in a disaster or emergency.
- Scottish Welfare Fund: monthly management information
- Scottish Welfare Fund statistics: annual update 2018-19
- Scottish Welfare Fund Statistics: update to 31 December 2018
- Scottish Welfare Fund Statistics: update to 30 September 2018
- Scottish Welfare Fund Statistics: Update to 30 June 2018
- Scottish Welfare Fund Statistics: Annual Update 2017/18
- Scottish Welfare Fund - Data specification and guidance
- Scottish Welfare Fund data monitoring specification and guidance
Discretionary housing payment statistics
Discretionary housing payments (DHPs) are administered in Scotland by the 32 Scottish local authorities. DHPs may be awarded when a local authority (LA) considers that a housing benefit or Universal Credit (including the housing element) claimant requires further financial assistance towards housing costs.
- Discretionary Housing Payments in Scotland: 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020
- Discretionary Housing Payments in Scotland: 1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019
- Discretionary Housing Payments in Scotland: 1 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
- Discretionary Housing Payments in Scotland: as at 30 September 2018
Social security Scotland slide pack
These quarterly slide packs provide a summary of published social security statistics for Scotland, focusing on devolved and newly introduced benefits, the Scottish Welfare Fund, and Universal Credit (Scottish Choices).
Universal Credit Scottish choices statistics
Summary: Universal Credit Scottish choices give recipients of Universal Credit in Scotland a choice to have their award paid either monthly or twice monthly, and have the housing costs in their award paid direct to their landlord.
- Scottish Universal Credit Choices – initial management information
- Universal Credit Scottish Choices: Management information to end March 2020
- Universal Credit Scottish choices: management information to end August 2019