The Scottish Government is committed to the continual review of the NHSScotland asset base and to the control of NHSScotland capital allocations.
We are working with stakeholders to ensure that NHSScotland makes best use of its physical assets (property, medical equipment, vehicles and Information Technology) and is equipped to procure and provide an appropriate quality of healthcare facilities which complement and support the wider health policies and priorities of the Scottish Government.
Capital and Facilities Division
The continuing review of NHSScotland assets and control of capital expenditure is carried out by the Capital and Facilities Division which has responsibility for:
- Those policies relating to the planning, procurement and management of physical assets from which healthcare services are delivered
- Coordinating and managing the NHSScotland Infrastructure Investment Programme to ensure investment in modern, fit for purpose assets
- Setting and monitoring arrangements for the use of public capital resources and revenue finance across NHSScotland
- Overseeing the governance and performance management arrangements for NHSScotland assets
- Lead responsibility for the Health Capital Investment Group which approves and monitors delivery of major investment projects developed by NHSScotland Boards
Detailed information is available on Scottish Health on the Web (SHOW):