1. See Annex C.
2. See Chapter 4.
6. EMCDDA Best Practice Portal - Prevention interventions for school students: http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/best-practice/prevention/school-children
7. Faggiano et al. (2014) use 'social norms' and 'social influence' interchangeably.
9. This is in contrast to brief interventions, which can have a preventative effect.
11. A process evaluation is underway which will report in 2017.
14. This guideline is currently being updated and is due to be published in 2017.
19. 'PreVenture' is different to other programmes mentioned here in that it is an Indicated rather than Universal prevention programme, targeted at young people at greater risk of co-occurring substance use and other emotional or behavioural disorders.
25. Drug and Alcohol Findings, Hot topic - Drug education yet to match great (preventive) expectations