Attendees and apologies
individuals providing social work services across Scotland from various practice areas
Resilience Learning Partnership
Scottish Governent (SG)
Items and actions
This was the second meeting of the Trauma Informed Social Work Services (TISWS) Expert Advisory Group. The purpose of this meeting was to provide an update on the work completed to date, host a discussion and request feedback on the proposed draft action plan.
The meeting began by the Chair noting apologies from members. All members gave brief introductions as there were a few members who were not able to attend the first meeting.
Note of previous meeting
The group approved the meeting note from the first Expert Advisory Group meeting on 31 January 2022.
Presentation on Trauma Informed Social Work Services in Scotland: Developing a plan
The Chair and Secretariat delivered a brief presentation on the work completed so far, and the plan going forward. The presentation can be requested from the Secretariat.
Discussion on the draft action plan, feedback and reflections
Actions were reviewed and outcomes/feedback were as follows:
- ensure the plan is aligned with review of the National Child Protection Learning and Development Strategy and other key strategies
- varying levels of understanding around what is meant by “trauma informed” and highlighting the importance of gaining buy-in from senior leaders
- how does this plan fit in with multidisciplinary teams?
- consider looking at mental health award and ensuring that is trauma informed
- clarification that being trauma informed isn’t always about treating trauma but is about how we remove barriers that individuals with significant trauma face
- important to not blur the lines between professions
- a lot of social workers are trauma informed but are working in a service that is not trauma informed
- group members to provide any feedback on the proposed plan one week after circulation
- SG to provide further information on the pathfinders projects
For more information on this group, please visit Trauma Responsive Social Work Services Expert Advisory Group.
For more information on this programme, please visit Trauma Responsive Social Work Services.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback