Attainment, school leaver destinations and healthy living: education statistics summary
Results of the initial and follow-up surveys of leaver destination (S3-S6), post-appeal attainment, school meals and physical education provision.
Summary Statistics for Attainment, Leaver Destinations and Healthy Living
This annual statistical publication provides information on:
- Post review attainment for 2015/16 school leavers
- Initial and follow-up destinations for 2015/16 school leavers
- The Healthy Living Survey taken in February 2017
Follow-up destinations of school leavers, 2015/16
- 61.7 per cent of leavers left with one or more passes at SCQF Level 6 or better - up from 60.2 per cent for 2014/15.
- The percentage of pupils who took a school meal (free or paid for) decreased to 56.9 per cent (58.1 per cent in 2016).
- 98 per cent of schools were meeting the target level of PE provision (same as 2016).
Supplementary data tables can be found at:
The diagram below shows the highest level of achievement for 2015/16 school leavers, and the leaver destinations  of pupils who attain at each of these levels.
This diagram shows the main findings from the Healthy Living Survey 2017
Email: Marion MacRury
Phone: 0300 244 4000 – Central Enquiry Unit
The Scottish Government
St Andrew's House
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback