1. World Health Organisation (1990). Cancer Pain Relief and Palliative Care. WHO Technical Report Series 804. Geneva: WHO.
2. Sepúlveda C, Marlin A, Yoshida T, Ullrich A (2002). Palliative Care: The World Health Organization’s Global Perspective. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management, 24(2):91–96.
3. http://www.who.int/cancer/palliative/definition/en/, accessed 20 November 2015.
4. WHO fact sheet on palliative care, Fact sheet N°402, July 2015.
5. This definition is an adaptation of one used in a 2015 report from the National Institutes of Health in the USA. Dying in America: Improving Quality and Honoring Individual Preferences Near the End of Life. Committee on Approaching Death: Addressing Key End of Life Issues; Institute of Medicine. Washington (DC): National Academies Press (US); 2015.
Email: Janice Birrell
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback