1. All Scottish Government consultation and research documents on short-term lets from 2019 to 2021 and the BRIA referred to in this report can be accessed from www.gov.scot/publications/short-term-lets/.
3. The minutes of the stakeholder working group meetings, more information about the working group and a list of members can be found here: Short-Term Lets Stakeholder Working Group - gov.scot (www.gov.scot).
4. All Scottish Government consultation and research documents on short-term lets from 2019, 2020 and 2021 and impact assessments can be accessed from www.gov.scot/publications/short-term-lets/
5. Respondents could select more than one option, therefore total exceeds 100%.
6. Although 86 classified themselves as "other", there were 343 explanations provided to this part of the question.
7. Although only 395 selected "other", there were 486 responses to this part of the question.
8. Originally published in June 2021
10. The survey closed on 29 October 2021.
11. The Town and Country Planning (Short-term Let Control Areas) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2022.
12. See, for example, Clarity is needed on fit and proper (sltn.co.uk) in the Scottish Licensed Trade News (May 2017) about the lack of legal definition of the "fit and proper person test".