- 24 Jun 2015
Contract status: live
Dates of contract: 24 June 2015 to
23 June 2019
Category: ICT services and software - national
The server maintenance framework agreement is open to all Scottish public bodies.
The framework agreement offers a direct route to market via a single supplier call off ordering procedure.
What is in scope
The scope of the framework agreement is for the provision of server maintenance services including but not limited to:
- all server types including Blade, Rack, and Tower options. Server maintenance will include all internal server components, for example processor, memory, hard-drives and any internal cards
- local area network (LAN) Switches: maintenance services appropriate to switch hardware only. (Associated cables and adaptors are not to be included)
- tape drives and tape libraries: maintenance services for peripheral devices attached directly to server or LAN
- keyboard video monitor switch (KVM): hardware maintenance only
- network attached storage (NAS) devices: hardware maintenance only. (configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included)
- storage area network (SAN): maintenance services for hardware only including individual disk or shelve replacement. (configuration, disk partitioning and backup facilities are not to be included)
Optional maintenance services requirements:
- operating system: (including Windows, Unix, Linux and Solaris) - maintenance service relates to the operational readiness and security of the system which includes Operating System re-installation and application of security patches and service releases
- firmware: maintenance services relating to installation of firmware for server components, LAN switches and applicable peripheral devices. (SAN firmware is not to be included)
- equipment moves: this will include internal moves within current location and/or external moves to another location
What is out of scope
The framework agreement does not cover IT desktop maintenance. For this, see the digital and technology services contract.
Who can use this
This framework can be used by:
- central government
- local authorities
- universities and colleges
- third sector
- other public bodies
Full details can be found on Public Contracts Scotland.
Note: It is the responsibility of any buying organisation wishing to use the framework agreement to satisfy itself that it is eligible to do so.
Entitlement can be established from the terms of the OJEU advert and guidance on this can be found in annex A of our guidance on framework agreements.
Benefits of this framework include:
- it is in line the Digital Public Services Strategy and supports the Scottish Government Data Hosting and Data Centre Strategy for the Scottish public sector
- technically competent and achievable solutions for public sector organisations
- it provides best value across Scotland with savings achievable through collaborative use of the framework
- it addresses our aspirations with regards to social, environmental and sustainability issues
- this award follows a comprehensive tender exercise, under EU public procurement regulations, and provides an easy route to market for contracting organisations
MCSA Group Limited (previously Maindec)
See the attached buyer's guide for more information.
Information about pricing and terms and conditions for frameworks and contracts can be found on the Knowledge Hub.
If you are not registered to access this and are eligible to use the framework please complete the registration form and send it to one of the Scottish Procurement contacts listed below.