Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate (Scottish Procurement) is part of the Scottish Government and is responsible for providing professional procurement services and collaborative procurement arrangements to the Scottish Government and Scottish public bodies.
In order to carry out its functions, Scottish Procurement is required to process personal information. The types of data we hold and the reasons we are required to process it are set out below. The Scottish Government is the data controller of the information and is committed to protecting your privacy at all times when using your personal data.
This notice relates to the personal information we process about you as part of tender exercises conducted by Scottish Procurement. It explains what personal information we process about you when you submit a response in relation to a tender exercise, why we process it, and what we do with it. It also explains your rights under data protection laws.
The Public Contracts Scotland Portal and PCS-Tender are provided by external suppliers. Details of the privacy policies for the Public Contracts Scotland Portal and PCS-Tender can be found on the respective websites.
We collect information from you (including name, email address, business address, home address, date of birth, telephone number, financial information, experience, qualifications) for the following purpose:
- We need to process your personal information in order to allow Scottish Procurement to assess suitability of bidders, evaluate tenders, provide feedback to bidders, award contracts to the successful supplier and to ensure contract requirements are delivered.
- To respond to your queries or requests when you contact us. We will route your messages to the relevant team.
- To contact you about tender and procurement related matters.
Legal basis of processing
The legal basis for processing your data is for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest.
We will share your information with:
- Individuals involved in the procurement exercise or in the evaluation. This may include Scottish Government staff, individuals from other public sector bodies participating in the evaluation of bids, consultants or expert advisers involved in the tender exercise.
- Procurement team members to allow them to respond to your queries or to send you updates on procurement related matters.
- As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it may be shared with our data processors who provide electronic tendering systems, advertising portals, email, document management, surveys and storage services. Details of the privacy policies for the Public Contracts Scotland Portal and PCS-Tender can be found on the respective websites.
We will only keep your information while there is an ongoing business need or regulatory requirement to retain the information. For successful tenderers the information will be retained until six years after expiry of the contract. For unsuccessful tenderers the information will be retained for one year after the date of last action.
You have the right:
- to request information about how your personal data is processed and to request a copy of that personal data
- to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- to request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it to be processed
Further information on your rights can be found on the Scottish Government website at the attached link :
Details of the Scottish Government Data Protection Officer and the procedures for complaints can be found at the following link:
Scottish Procurement and Property Directorate
3A-South Victoria Quay
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback