PLANNING CIRCULAR 2 2004
SCHEDULE 2 Regulation 16
INFORMATION FOR ENVIRONMENTAL REPORTS
1. An outline of the contents and main objectives of the plan or programme, and of its relationship (if any) with other relevant plans and programmes.
2. The relevant aspects of the current state of the environment and the likely evolution thereof without implementation of the plan or programme.
3. The environmental characteristics of areas likely to be significantly affected.
4. Any existing environmental problems which are relevant to the plan or programme including, in particular, those relating to any areas of a particular environmental importance, such as areas designated pursuant to Council Directive 79/409/EEC on the conservation of wild birds ( a) and Council Directive 92/43/EEC on the conservation of natural habitats and of wild flora and fauna ( b).
5. The environmental protection objectives, established at international, Community or Member State level, which are relevant to the plan or programme and the way those objectives and any environmental considerations have been taken into account during its preparation.
6. The likely significant effects on the environment, including-
(a) on issues such as-
(iii) human health;
(ix) climatic factors;
(x) material assets;
(xi) cultural heritage, including architectural and archaeological heritage;
(xii) landscape; and
(xiii) the inter-relationship between the issues referred to in heads
(i) to (xii),
(b) short, medium and long-term effects;
(c) permanent and temporary effects;
(d) positive and negative effects; and
(e) secondary, cumulative and synergistic effects.
7. The measures envisaged to prevent, reduce and as fully as possible offset any significant adverse effects on the environment of implementing the plan or programme.
8. An outline of the reasons for selecting the alternatives dealt with, and a description of how the assessment was undertaken including any difficulties (such as technical deficiencies or lack of know-how) encountered in compiling the required information.
9. A description of the measures envisaged concerning monitoring in accordance with regulation 21.
10. A non-technical summary of the information provided under paragraphs 1 to 9.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback