As per Addressee
Telephone: 0131-244 7061
Dear Sir or Madam
CIRCULAR 1/2007: PLANNING CONTROLS FOR MARINE FISH FARMING
1. Circular SEDD 1/2007 which is attached has been issued to explain and give guidance to planning officers, developers, communities and regulators on the provisions contained in the following Acts, Regulations and Order which pertain specifically to marine fish farming and which come into force on the relevant dates around April 2007.
- Water Environment and Water Services (Scotland) Act 2003
- Planning etc. (Scotland) Act 2006
- Town and Country Planning (Marine Fish Farming) (Scotland) Order 2007
- Town and Country Planning (Prescribed Date) (Scotland) Regulations 2007
- Town and Country Planning (Marine Fish Farming) (Scotland) Regulations 2007
2. It relates specifically to the determination by planning authorities of decisions relating to new fish farms and modifications to existing fish farms in designated marine planning zones. It also contains information on the Town and Country Planning (Scotland) Act 1997 (National Parks) (Marine Fish Farming) Direction 2007. In addition it contains information on changes in notification arrangements contained in the Town and Country Planning (Notification of Applications Affecting Controlled Sites) (Scotland) Direction 2007 which sets out additional notification arrangements specifically relating to fish farming.
FURTHER COPIES AND ENQUIRIES
3. Copies of the Acts, Orders and Regulations referred to in this Circular are available on the Office of Public Sector Information website at http://www.opsi.gov.uk .
4. Any enquiries should be addressed to John O'Brien, Scottish Executive Development Department, Planning Division, Area 2-H, Victoria Quay, Edinburgh EH6 6QQ telephone (0131) 244 7061. Further copies of the Circular may be obtained by telephoning 08457 741741 or from the Executive's website at: www.scotland.gov.uk/planning .
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback