1. All Wales NHS Manual Handling Training Passport and Information Scheme. (2007) www.wales.nhs.uk/
2. National Back Exchange. (2010) Standards in Manual Handling, 3rd Edition.
3. National Back Exchange, (2011) Guidance on Registered Member Procedure, 2nd Edition
4. Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974. HMSO: London, http://www.hse.gov.uk/legislation/hswa.htm
5. Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, www.legislation.hmso.gov.uk/si/si1999/19993242.htm
6. Health and Safety Executive. (2004) Manual Handling. Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992 (as amended) Guidance on Regulations. 3rd Edition, HSE Books.
7. Health and Safety Executive.(1998) Safe use of work equipment. Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998.Approved code of practice and guidance. 3rd Edition, HSE Books
1. Chartered Society of Physiotherapy. (2008) Guidance on Manual Handling in Physiotherapy, 3rd Edition, London.
2. College of Occupational Therapists. (2006) Manual Handling, College of Occupational Therapists, London.
3. Health and Safety Commission. (1998) Manual Handling in the Health Services, 2nd Edition: HSE Books.
4. HSE (2007). Risk assessment and process planning for Bariatric patient handling pathways, RR573 Research report, www.hse.gov.uk
5. HSE (2003). The Principles of good manual handling: achieving a consensus, RR097 Research Report, www.hse.gov.uk
6. HSE. (2002) Health and Safety (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2002. www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2002/20022174.htm
7. HSE (1998). The Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998, www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/19982307.htm
8. HSE (1998). The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1998/19982306.htm
9. HSE. (1995) The Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations, www.opsi.gov.uk/legislation/uk
10. NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework, http://www.msg.scot.nhs.uk/index.php/pay/agenda-for-change/knowledge-skills-framework-ksf
11. The Guide to the Handling of People; a systems approach (2011), 6th Edition, Middlesex, Backcare
12. PIN Guidelines, Managing Health at Work, Promoting safe manual handling, www.sehd.scot.nhs.uk/psu/guide.htm
13. Resuscitation Council (UK). (2009) Guidance for safer handling during resuscitation in healthcare settings http://www.resus.org.uk/pages/safehand.pdf
1. Health and Safety Executive - www.hse.gov.uk/scotland/
2. National Back Exchange - www.nationalbackexchange.org.uk
3. Scottish Manual Handling Forum - www.smhf.co.uk
4. The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy - www.csp.org.uk
5. The College of Occupational Therapy - www.cot.org.uk
6. The Royal College of Midwives - www.rcm.org.uk
7. The Royal College of Nursing - www.rcn.org.uk
8. The Scottish Government - www.scotland.gov.uk/home
9. The Society of Radiographers - www.sor.org.uk
12. Health and Safety Executive web pages and guidance, including:
13. Care Inspectorate - Managing falls and fractures