A National Statistics publication for Scotland
The United Kingdom Statistics Authority has designated these statistics as National Statistics, in accordance with the Statistics and Registration Service Act 2007 and signifying compliance with the Code of Practice for Official Statistics. The designation of the Scottish House Condition Survey as National Statistics was confirmed on 30 March 2010 following an assessment by the UK Statistics Authority.
Designation can be broadly interpreted to mean that the statistics:
- meet identified user needs;
- are well explained and readily accessible;
- are produced according to sound methods, and
- are managed impartially and objectively in the public interest.
Once statistics have been designated as National Statistics it is a statutory requirement that the Code of Practice shall continue to be observed.
National Statistics status means that our statistics meet the highest standards of trustworthiness, quality and public value, and it is our responsibility to maintain compliance with these standards.
Changes to these statistics
Since the latest review by the Office for Statistics Regulation, we have continued to comply with the Code of Practice for Statistics, and have:
- improved the accessibility of the statistics by introducing infographics to allow for easier communication
- introduced face-to-face briefings of our surveyors to improve the quality of the data collection
- added more value by produced a Local Authority summary report alongside the annual local authority table release
- engaged with users to increase use and value by running data use workshops and demonstrations at user events
- introduced additional quality assurance processes of the raw data
How to access background or source data
The data collected for this statistical publication:
☒ are available in more detail through statistics.gov.scot.
☐ are available via an alternative route
☒ may be made available on request, subject to consideration of legal and ethical factors. Further information is available at http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/SHCS/DataAccess.
Correspondence and enquiries
For enquiries about this publication please contact:
For general enquiries about Scottish Government statistics please contact:
Office of the Chief Statistician, Telephone: 0131 244 0442,
Complaints and suggestions
If you are not satisfied with our service or have any comments or suggestions, please write to:
The Chief Statistician, GR, St Andrews House, Edinburgh, EH1 3DG, Telephone: (0131) 244 0302, e-mail email@example.com.
If you would like to be consulted about statistical collections or receive notification of publications, please register your interest at www.gov.scot/scotstat
Details of forthcoming publications can be found at www.gov.scot/statistics
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback