1. For the purposes of the Code a funeral director is defined as: "A person whose business consists of, or includes the arrangement and conduct of funerals". This definition is set out at section 31 of the Certification of Death (Scotland) Act 2011 which replicates that in section 62 of the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982 (as amended by the Police, Public Order and Criminal Justice (Scotland) Act 2006).
3. Responses received via email were manually input into the online Consultation Hub system prior to downloading.
4. All percentages are rounded to the nearest whole number
5. All percentages are rounded to the nearest whole number
6. This term refers to the process of making a person who has died suitable viewing, for example cleaning, washing, and dressing the body.
9. One related SQA course is available in Scotland, however this is focused on cremation. More information available here: National Workplace Award Principles and Practice of the Cremation Process SCQF level 5 - SQA