What data is available
The Scottish Government is committed to making its data accessible, subject to data protection legislation. Before requesting data, we recommend you first check:
If the data you require isn’t available on these sites, then a bespoke request for SG and published NRS Census data can be submitted via a completed application form to our mailbox:
Things to do before you complete an application pack
- Have you consulted the guidance documents to assist you with the type of information we require?
- Have you completed a Data Protection Impact Assessment?
- What is your organisations’ lawful basis for accessing personal and special category data?
- Have you spoken to the relevant Data Controller / Statistician to discuss your data requirements?
- Have you discussed the legal terms and conditions associated with data sharing with the data controller and your legal team?
- Have you completed the checklist to ensure all information is contained within the application pack?
Once you have submitted a complete application pack, we will process this as detailed in the process flow chart.
The SG and NRS Analytical Division Heads will consider applications that request data which:
- Will not be linked to other datasets
- are considered to be low risk based on a risk score
The Statistics Public Benefit and Privacy Panel (SPBPP) will consider applications that request data which:
- Will be linked to other datasets
- Request unpublished NRS census data
- Will be used under a programme of research
- Will not be linked to other datasets but are considered to be medium to high risk on risk score
Full details of the panel’s remit and process are available in the Terms of Reference.
- First published
- 8 February 2021
- Last updated
- 10 May 2021
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback