4. Public bodies regulated by the Commissioner for Ethical Standards in Public Life in Scotland - http://www.appointed-for-scotland.org/about-public-bodies/directory-of-public-bodies-appointments/
6. S.37 (3) of the Scotland Act 2016 transfers competence to the Scottish Parliament to legislate for "Equal opportunities so far as relating to the inclusion of persons with protected characteristics in non-executive posts on boards of Scottish public authorities with mixed functions or no reserved functions".
7. Articles 2 and 3(3) of the Treaty of the European Union and Articles 8 and 157 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
8. Articles 21(1) and 23 of the Charter.
9. Directives 2006/54/EC (the equal treatment directive) and 2010/41/EU (self-employed workers directive)
10. See C-450/93, Kalanke (1995 ECR I-3051); C-409/95, Marshal l (1997 ECR I-6363); C-158/97, Badeck (2000 ECRI I-1875); C-407/98, Abrahamsson (2000 ECR I-5539); C-319/03, Briheche (2004).