Attendees and apologies
- Kris Krasnowski (c) KK, Scotland Office, Policy, Deputy Director
- Karen McAvenue (c) KM, Scottish Government, Regional Economic Development Deputy Director
- Michael Walker MW, Scottish Government, Senior Finance Business Partner
UK Government Officials
- Elma Durdevic (r) ED, Head of City Deals and Levelling Up, Scotland Office
- Craig Birrell CB, Team Leader, City & Growth Deals Team, Scotland Office
- Christina Spicer CS, Senior Policy Advisor, City & Growth Deals Team, Scotland Office
- Lauren Bruce (r) LB, Scotland Director, Union & Devolution, Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities
Scottish Government Officials
- Anne-Marie Martin AM, Deputy Director, Regional Economic Development
- Kate Bryson KB, Head of Regional Economic Development
- Kimberley Daly (r) KD, Head of Highlands, Islands and South of Scotland
- Peter McGregor PM, Programme Manager
- Fiona Loynd (r) FL, Team Leader, Regional Economic Development
- Kate Gwynn (r) KG, Team Leader, Regional Economic Development
- Kris Rabett KR, Finance Business Partner
- Brennan Leslie BL, Policy Advisor, City & Growth Deals Team, Scotland Office
(r) = Joined remotley
(c) = Chair
Items and actions
Introduction and Apologies
KK welcomed everyone to the meeting.
Apologies are given on behalf of Zoe Ryan (HM Treasury) & Tia Matthews (Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities).
Minutes were approved by correspondence.
Finance Business Partner Update
An update on finance was provided by the Senior Finance Business Partner (MW).
UK Profiling Commission
An update on the profiling commission was provided by the Scotland Office (ED).
Updates to the action tracker were approved.
Updates to the Risk Register were approved by exception.
No new risks have been added and risks 33, 37, and 38 were discussed and proposed updates accepted.
Deal Leads updated the board on the following deals:
- Islands Growth Deal
- Ayrshire Growth Deal
Operating Principles Paper
The board discussed the paper.
Any Other Business
Scotland Office Local Economic Growth Review
ED provided an update. It was agreed to come back to this at the Scottish Government / Scotland Office away-day. ED expressed an eagerness to have a Scottish Government colleague join the conversations with the board partnership in an observer capacity. This will be brought up with KG and KD separately to determine who this should be.
Scottish Government/Scotland Office Away Day
ED provided an update. and confirmed the away day is taking place on the 24th of October. Teams are working together to determine the details of the agenda. In broad terms it will cover business case development, inflation, and a review of the board among other items.
Board expressed thier thanks.
KK and board attendees extended a thank you and best wishes to Karen McAvenue and Kate Gwynn who will be moving onto new roles.
Date of next meeting and close
The next board is planned for 28 November 2023.
Actions From this Meeting
Actions agreed via correspondence.
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback