Search areas for offshore wind energy: scoping study
Scoping study about identifying areas of search to potentially be developed into draft plan options for offshore wind energy in Scottish waters.
11. Literature and website resources referenced
11.1 Cited literature
Aires, C., Gonzalez-Irusta, J. and Watret, R. (2014) Updating fisheries sensitivity maps in British waters. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Vol 5 No 10. Available at: https:sata.marine.gov.scot/dataset/updating-fisheries-sensitivity-maps-british-waters.
BVG Associates (2017) Unleasing Europe's offshore wind potential: A new resource assessment. Available at: https://windeurope.org/wp-content/uploads/files/about-wind/reports/Unleashing-Europes-offshore-wind-potential.pdf.
CEFAS (1998) Fisheries Sensitivity Maps in British Waters., Published and distributed by UKOOA Ltd. doi: 10.1007/s13398-014-0173-7.2.
Davies, I. M. and Watret, R. (2011) Scoping Study for Offshore Wind Farm Development in Scottish Waters. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Vol 2 No 13. Available at: www.gov.scot/Publications/2011/11/28104658/0.
DECC (2015) Guidelines on the assessment of transboundary impacts of energy developments on Natura 2000 sites outside the UK. Available at: file:///F:/FW_RLG_2017/Documents/transboundary_guidelines.pdf.
Furness, B. et al. (2012) Vulnerability of Scottish seabirds to offshore wind. MacArthur Green Ltd report.
Gonzalez-Irusta, J. M. and Wright, P. J. (2015) 'Spawning grounds of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) in the North Sea', ICES Journal of Marine Science, 73(March), pp. 304–315.
González-irusta, J. M. and Wright, P. J. (2016) 'Spawning grounds of haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus ) in the North Sea and West of Scotland', Fisheries Research. Elsevier B.V., 183(November), pp. 180–191. doi: 10.1016/j.fishres.2016.05.028.
Haslett, A. (2016) An insights report from the Energy Technologies Institute. Available at: https://d2umxnkyjne36n.cloudfront.net/insightReports/Housing-Retrofits-A-New-Start.pdf?mtime=20161111100257.
LUC (2016) 'Scottish Marine Recreation and Tourism Survey 2015', (March), p. 83. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0049/00497904.pdf%0Ahttp://www.gov.scot/Topics/marine/seamanagement/national/RecandTourism.
Marine Scotland (2011) Scotland's Marine Atlas. Available at: www.gov.scot/publications/2011/03/16182005/15.
Marine Scotland (2013a) Initial Plan Framework (Draft Plan Options). Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0042/00423948.pdf.
Marine Scotland (2013b) Pre-statutory Consultation – Draft Analysis Report. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0042/00423960.pdf.
Marine Scotland (2016) A North Sea Perspective On Shipping , Energy , And Environmental Aspects In Maritime Spatial Planning : The Northsee Project. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0051/00512880.pdf.
Reid, J. B., Evans, P. G. H. and Northridge, S. P. (2003) Atlas of cetacean distribution in north-west European waters. Available at: http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/PDF/CetaceansAtlas_web.pdf.
Repsol Sinopec (2017) 'Beatrice Decommissioning; Environmental Impact Assessment Scoping Report', (May). Available at: https://www.repsolsinopecuk.com/pdfs/uploads/Beatrice_Decomm_EIA_Scoping_Report_Public_Copy.pdf.
Sinden, G. (2007) 'Characteristics of the UK wind resource: Long-term patterns and relationship to electricity demand', Energy Policy, 35(1), pp. 112–127. doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2005.10.003.
Southall, B. L. et al. (2007) Marine Mammal Noise Exposure Criteria: Initial Scientific Recommendations, Aquatic Mammals. Available at: http://sea-inc.net/assets/pdf/mmnoise_aquaticmammals.pdf (Accessed: 20 April 2017).
Statoil (2015) Hywind Scotland Pilot Park - Environmental Statement. doi: http://www.statoil.com/en/EnvironmentSociety/Environment/impactassessments/NewEnergy/IntWind/Pages/HywindScotland.aspx.
The Carbon Trust (2015) Floating Offshore Wind : Market and Technology Review. Available at: http://www.carbontrust.com/media/670664/floating-offshore-wind-market-technology-review.pdf.
The Crown Estate (2012) Offshore wind cost reduction-Pathways study. Available at: http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/media/5462/ei-offshore-wind-operational-report-2015.pdf.
11.2 Cited websites
- ABPMer Rewnewables Atlas: information on wind resource was taken from this site. http://www.renewables-atlas.info/
- ABPMer UK 2015 national dataset of marine vessel traffic: processed AIS transit lines for UK waters for 2015. The first week of every month is used to create the shipping density map. http://www.abpmer.co.uk/buzz/view-the-new-uk-2015-national-dataset-of-marine-vessel-traffic/
- BSH (Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency of Germany) Project NorthSEE: information on the NorthSEE project was taken from this site. http://www.bsh.de/en/Marine_uses/Spatial_Planning_in_the_German_EEZ/Project_NorthSEE.jsp
- Nature conservation designated sites: updated shapefiles for the marine protected sites were downloaded from this site. http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/page-1461
- Kis-Orca Offshore renewables and cable awareness: spatial data to update the subsea cable information http://www.kis-orca.eu/
- NATS self-assessments maps: information on potential radar interference extent and shapefiles for the interference at 200 m height were sourced from this website. https://www.nats.aero/services/information/wind-farms/self-assessment-maps/
- Helicopter main routes ( NATS, digitised from the ENR 6 - En Route Charts section of the source listed) https://www.oceanwise.eu/data
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback