11. Literature and website resources referenced
11.1 Cited literature
Aires, C., Gonzalez-Irusta, J. and Watret, R. (2014) Updating fisheries sensitivity maps in British waters. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Vol 5 No 10. Available at: https:sata.marine.gov.scot/dataset/updating-fisheries-sensitivity-maps-british-waters.
BVG Associates (2017) Unleasing Europe's offshore wind potential: A new resource assessment. Available at: https://windeurope.org/wp-content/uploads/files/about-wind/reports/Unleashing-Europes-offshore-wind-potential.pdf.
CEFAS (1998) Fisheries Sensitivity Maps in British Waters., Published and distributed by UKOOA Ltd. doi: 10.1007/s13398-014-0173-7.2.
Davies, I. M. and Watret, R. (2011) Scoping Study for Offshore Wind Farm Development in Scottish Waters. Scottish Marine and Freshwater Science Vol 2 No 13. Available at: www.gov.scot/Publications/2011/11/28104658/0.
DECC (2015) Guidelines on the assessment of transboundary impacts of energy developments on Natura 2000 sites outside the UK. Available at: file:///F:/FW_RLG_2017/Documents/transboundary_guidelines.pdf.
Furness, B. et al. (2012) Vulnerability of Scottish seabirds to offshore wind. MacArthur Green Ltd report.
Gonzalez-Irusta, J. M. and Wright, P. J. (2015) 'Spawning grounds of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) in the North Sea', ICES Journal of Marine Science, 73(March), pp. 304–315.
González-irusta, J. M. and Wright, P. J. (2016) 'Spawning grounds of haddock (Melanogrammus aeglefinus ) in the North Sea and West of Scotland', Fisheries Research. Elsevier B.V., 183(November), pp. 180–191. doi: 10.1016/j.fishres.2016.05.028.
Haslett, A. (2016) An insights report from the Energy Technologies Institute. Available at: https://d2umxnkyjne36n.cloudfront.net/insightReports/Housing-Retrofits-A-New-Start.pdf?mtime=20161111100257.
LUC (2016) 'Scottish Marine Recreation and Tourism Survey 2015', (March), p. 83. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0049/00497904.pdf%0Ahttp://www.gov.scot/Topics/marine/seamanagement/national/RecandTourism.
Marine Scotland (2011) Scotland's Marine Atlas. Available at: www.gov.scot/publications/2011/03/16182005/15.
Marine Scotland (2013a) Initial Plan Framework (Draft Plan Options). Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0042/00423948.pdf.
Marine Scotland (2013b) Pre-statutory Consultation – Draft Analysis Report. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0042/00423960.pdf.
Marine Scotland (2016) A North Sea Perspective On Shipping , Energy , And Environmental Aspects In Maritime Spatial Planning : The Northsee Project. Available at: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0051/00512880.pdf.
Reid, J. B., Evans, P. G. H. and Northridge, S. P. (2003) Atlas of cetacean distribution in north-west European waters. Available at: http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/PDF/CetaceansAtlas_web.pdf.
Repsol Sinopec (2017) 'Beatrice Decommissioning; Environmental Impact Assessment Scoping Report', (May). Available at: https://www.repsolsinopecuk.com/pdfs/uploads/Beatrice_Decomm_EIA_Scoping_Report_Public_Copy.pdf.
Sinden, G. (2007) 'Characteristics of the UK wind resource: Long-term patterns and relationship to electricity demand', Energy Policy, 35(1), pp. 112–127. doi: 10.1016/j.enpol.2005.10.003.
Southall, B. L. et al. (2007) Marine Mammal Noise Exposure Criteria: Initial Scientific Recommendations, Aquatic Mammals. Available at: http://sea-inc.net/assets/pdf/mmnoise_aquaticmammals.pdf (Accessed: 20 April 2017).
Statoil (2015) Hywind Scotland Pilot Park - Environmental Statement. doi: http://www.statoil.com/en/EnvironmentSociety/Environment/impactassessments/NewEnergy/IntWind/Pages/HywindScotland.aspx.
The Carbon Trust (2015) Floating Offshore Wind : Market and Technology Review. Available at: http://www.carbontrust.com/media/670664/floating-offshore-wind-market-technology-review.pdf.
The Crown Estate (2012) Offshore wind cost reduction-Pathways study. Available at: http://www.thecrownestate.co.uk/media/5462/ei-offshore-wind-operational-report-2015.pdf.
11.2 Cited websites
- ABPMer Rewnewables Atlas: information on wind resource was taken from this site. http://www.renewables-atlas.info/
- ABPMer UK 2015 national dataset of marine vessel traffic: processed AIS transit lines for UK waters for 2015. The first week of every month is used to create the shipping density map. http://www.abpmer.co.uk/buzz/view-the-new-uk-2015-national-dataset-of-marine-vessel-traffic/
- BSH (Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency of Germany) Project NorthSEE: information on the NorthSEE project was taken from this site. http://www.bsh.de/en/Marine_uses/Spatial_Planning_in_the_German_EEZ/Project_NorthSEE.jsp
- Nature conservation designated sites: updated shapefiles for the marine protected sites were downloaded from this site. http://jncc.defra.gov.uk/page-1461
- Kis-Orca Offshore renewables and cable awareness: spatial data to update the subsea cable information http://www.kis-orca.eu/
- NATS self-assessments maps: information on potential radar interference extent and shapefiles for the interference at 200 m height were sourced from this website. https://www.nats.aero/services/information/wind-farms/self-assessment-maps/
- Helicopter main routes ( NATS, digitised from the ENR 6 - En Route Charts section of the source listed) https://www.oceanwise.eu/data