2 Remit of the Review
This review was sponsored by the Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Sustainable Growth and its remit was defined as follows.
The overall purpose is to review the strategic management of investment in Scottish public sector information and communication technology ( ICT) infrastructure, reporting on how best to deliver improved value for money and support multi-agency working and shared services.
The review's remit also included:
- Describing a future vision for the Scottish public sector ICT infrastructure.
- Engagement across the public sector in Scotland at a senior-level to establish sources of data available to determine what we have, what we should ideally have, and how to bridge the gap.
- Mapping the current landscape, identifying key issues and opportunities for quick wins.
- Making proposals for a strategy for change comparing the present position to the identified future state.
- Addressing issues in governance and current ways of working, if appropriate, which will ensure that visible progress is made, having due regard for efficiency, economy and effectiveness and also any existing investment plans by public sector organisations.