1. See section 5.5.3 for more information.
2. Scottish Government: Scotland's Carers http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0047/00473691.pdf
3. Scottish Government: Scottish Health Survey 2014 - Supplementary Tables http://www.gov.scot/Topics/Statistics/Browse/Health/scottish-health-survey/Publications/Supplementary2014
4. Carers UK: Valuing Carers 2015 http://www.carersuk.org/for-professionals/policy/policy-library/valuing-carers-2015
5. Seven respite nights or 52.5 respite hours equal one respite week.
6. More information on Self-Directed Support can be found at http://www.selfdirectedsupportscotland.org.uk/
7. A Task Group established by the Scottish Executive in 2006 to take forward the respite-related aspects of the response to the Care 21 report. The group last met in 2013.
Email: Steven Gillespie