2. It is likely a legislative consent motion in the Scottish Parliament would be required to bring any new offences contained within this bill into effect in Scotland.
4. Section 3 provides information on how changes to recording guidance for crimes of weapon possession will amend this approach from 2017-18 onwards
5. Criminal Proceedings Scotland, 2016-17: http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0053/00532010.pdf
6. The main charge is the crime or offence that received the most severe penalty if one or more charges are proved in a single proceeding.
8. This relates to violent incidents where victims said someone saw or heard what was going on (96% of violent incidents).
10. Police Scotland Q2 2017-18 Management Information Report ( http://www.scotland.police.uk/about-us/our-performance/)
14. The weekend is defined here as 6pm on Friday to Sunday midnight.
17. The SCRS is the national standard for the recording and counting of crimes and offences recorded by the Police Service of Scotland (Police Scotland). http://www.scotland.police.uk/assets/pdf/138327/232757/scottish-crime-recording-standard?view=Standard