Table 5: Total reserved public sector employment by sector; Scotland, Headcount
Not Seasonally Adjusted
| Total Reserved |
|Civil Service||Public Bodies||Armed Forces||Public Corporations2|| Public Sector |
|Public Corporations & Public Sector Financial Institutions2,3||Estimated Total Reserved Public Sector excluding major reclassifications4|
|Change on year to:|
|% change on year:|
r - Revision to figures due to reclassifications
1. Figures have been rounded to the nearest hundred, unless otherwise stated. Percentages are based on unrounded figures. "-" denotes blank entries and "*" denotes entries that have been suppressed for disclosure reasons.
2. Due to the recent reclassification of Lloyds Banking Group plc from public sector financial institutions to the private sector, a new category has been created combining public corporations with public sector financial institutions to ensure employment figures are not disclosed. Both categories have been merged to produce a backseries prior to the reclassification to allow for calculation of year on year changes.
3. Employment over the year in public corporations & public sector financial institutions has been largely affected by the reclassification of Lloyds Banking Group plc. (and subsidiaries), as well as Royal Mail plc. and Direct Line Group plc.
4. Figures rounded to the nearest thousand.
5. Detailed tables showing a full time series of data - all quarters back to Q1 1999 - are available to download from the Public Sector Employment Websection:
Email: Claire Gordon