4. Reserved Public Sector Employment in Scotland; Headcount (see Table 5)
This section provides a summary of reserved public sector employment which includes:
- Reserved Civil Service (see section 5);
- Armed Forces;
- Reserved Public Corporations and Public Sector Financial Institutions;
- Other Reserved Public Bodies (which covers Non-Departmental Bodies and other bodies).
The number of people employed in the reserved public sector increased by 1,090 (+1.9%) to 58,400 in Q2 2016.
The estimated reserved public sector excluding the effects of the major reclassifications would have increased by 370 (+0.9%) from 43,500 in Q2 2015 to 43,900 in Q2 2016.
Chart 5 shows the composition of the reserved public sector as at Q2 2016.
Chart 5: Breakdown of Reserved Public Sector Employment by Sector, Headcount, Q2 2016
Over the year:
- Employment levels for the Reserved Civil Service decreased by 510 (-2.0%);
- Employment levels for Public Corporations & Public Sector Financial Institutions  increased by 750 (+6.3%) from 12,000 in Q2 2015 to 12,700 in Q2 2016;
- Employment levels for the Armed Forces increased by 820 (+8.7%);
- Employment levels for Public Bodies remained fairly constant (increased by 30 (+0.3%)).
Email: Claire Gordon, Claire.Gordon@gov.scot
There is a problem
Thanks for your feedback